Thursday, December 10, 2015

How to find the Excess

While studying for our unit test Monday, I found this source from another chemistry teacher online that made this chapter REALLY easy to understand! One of the most helpful things i took from his page was the simple algebraic equation that gave me the amount of excess product without having to set up another stoichiometry problem.

Here's the equation:

original amount of excess reagent - org. amnt of excess reagent(amount of product actually formed/amount of product excess reagent can make)

It helped me cut down the time it was taking me to find the excess product, and helped me make this chapter a little bit easier.

Here's the webpage if you wanted to check it out!

 http://misterguch.brinkster.net/chapter12.pdf

By the way, here is a random fun fact about stoichiometry from the page:


1 comment:

  1. Marie, thanks for the fun fact about stoichiometry! I also really liked the link you added, I found it to be really helpful!

    ReplyDelete