Thursday, February 11, 2016

How to Find M of NaOH and M of Actetic Acid

On the test today there were 4 problems involving finding the average NaOH from a titration as well as the average concentration of Acetic Acid. The only problem was that I forgot how to do it. So here I am now making a blog post so that maybe I'll remember it for the final or something.

To find the concentration of NaOH, or the titrant, you take the moles of KHP, and divide it by the volume of NaOH used in the titration in L.

Since our reaction occurred with a 1:1 molar ratio, to find the concentration of acetic acid I just set up a MaVa=MbVb problem. (amount of vinegar)(x)=(M of base)(amount base used)


3 comments:

  1. I had some problems with those problems as well so this post was great. One thing I think the reader would benefit from is seeing a picture of how you would solve this kind of problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post was very short, sweet, and to the point! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also had trouble with this problem on the test and found this post helpful. Thanks for sharing, hopefully I will remember this later on.

    ReplyDelete