Monday, November 9, 2015

Aspirin Lab

The other day we weighed our dried Aspirin after letting it sit out all fall break plus a few days. Once we obtained that measurement, we converted it into moles.


I used the data Lauren and I collected:

Starting mass of salicylic acid in grams: 5.0451 g
Mass of watch glass in grams: 36.8387 g
Ending mass of acetylsalicylic acid in grams: 5.1795 g
Mass of filter paper: 0.4114 g

Starting mass of salicylic acid (C7H6O3): .03652 mol C7H6O3

Ending mass of acetylsalicylic acid (C9H8O4): .02875 mol C9H8O4


1 comment:

  1. After looking at the data that you collected and after you converted it to moles I compared it to the data that my group collected. The numbers are relatively similar. This post helped me because when I made the aspirin it ended up being a little brown so I did not know if that was going to effect our ending results. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete