Sunday, November 8, 2015

Chemical Composition Equations

These equations intimidated me when I first saw them. But, once I broke them down and wrote why numbers were what they were, they seem OK. Here's how I keep things organized:


  1. Find mass of hydrate (everything in the test tube/crucible)
  2. Find mass of anhydrous salt (I write down 'salt' to simplify things)
  3. Find mass of H2O (hydrate -  salt)
  4. Convert amount of H2O and amount of salt into moles
  5. Divide water from salt ( H2O/Salt)
  6. Round to whole number.
Hope this helps! If you're still confused, here are some good ~*LINKS*~ to check out:







1 comment:

  1. Marie, I really liked how you listed the steps in finding the chemical composition equations. It really helped me to understand the process. I also thought the links you added were very helpful.

    ReplyDelete