Monday, October 26, 2015

Mole Day!

Last Friday, we had mole day. What is mole day, you ask? Well quite simply, we celebrated the unit of a mole! A mole is 6.022 x 10^23. This was determined by the number of particles found in 12.000 grams of carbon-12; a mole of carbon-12 atoms has 6.022 x 1023 carbon-12 atoms. A mole is also known as Avogadro's Number. To celebrate the mole, we all made stuffed moles and brought in food!

Here are all of our moles: 

 If we zoom in a bit here I think we can spot my mole...


It beautiful. 


Happy Belated Mole Day.

***Helpful Hint: this website is great to learn more about a mole.

3 comments:

  1. Marie, I think your mole is very cute!! Also, thank you for adding the link about what a mole is in regards to chemistry. I was unsure about what it was when doing this project but your link really cleared it up. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed with Bri! Your mole was cute and definitely looked better than some of the others!! Hahaha but I also did not know anything about a mole except that it is a unit of measurement, so I'm sure that I will refer back to your source to further explore it. Thank you for the source!

    ReplyDelete
  3. While doing the project, I wasn't really making connections on the significance of sewing a stuffed mole and celebrating national mole day, but the source you added helped explain it more for me. Your mole is also much cuter than mine!

    ReplyDelete