Monday, October 26, 2015

Significant Figures

Out of all the things covered in this unit, significant figures was my least favorite. For some reason, this concept just did not agree with me. One of the things that really helped me understand it though was this simple picture:


http://cbchemistry.weebly.com/uploads/1/0/7/1/10716575/1034036_orig.jpg

Having the rules laid out in front of me cut and dry made things very easy to understand. It paid off looking at this chart, too, because I ended up doing really well on my test! Thanks google. :)

Here is a website that really helped me out!

If you're still stuck, here's another site that explains it a different way: in tutorial form

6 comments:

  1. I was struggling knowing when zeros were significant and when they weren't but when I saw the chart it clarified any questions I had about them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marie, thanks for sharing that picture that explains which numbers are actually significant figures. Like you, I also liked this topic the least, and had the most trouble with it. In the future, I can refer back to this helpful post and look at this picture again if I ever need to review this topic. Also, I agree that Google can be a very useful resource :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has really been a topic I have been struggling with this unit so thank you for putting up this great post! I think you covered the topic in such detail that I shouldn't be missing anything on the test. Hopefully reading your chart will stick in my mind for the test too! I also agree with Carly that I will definitely reference back to your post anytime for review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The websites you referenced are a great study tool and should help me remember these concepts. Thanks for the help

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely agree with you, this concept didn't agree with me either. However, the picture you posted was simple, easy to understand, and very helpful. Having the rules plainly stated with examples makes the concept easier. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Marie, for this great chart that was easy to understand. I often have trouble reading the complex charts on many websites, but your chart was amazingly simple and really helpful. I struggled with this topic until I read your post and deepened my understanding. I really love you insights and will definitely check up on your blog!

    ReplyDelete